Do I Have to Pay Sales Tax?

If you are not a resident of California and are ordering on the internet or by phone (not in person), NO, you do not need to pay sales tax.

More details below.

By law in the state of California, we must charge 9.75% sales tax when selling to California residents who do not have a resale license/reseller’s permit.

There are no exceptions to this rule.

If you are a CA resident and you do not have a resale permit, you can obtain one quickly, easily and for free from the California State Board of Equalization at You can also see our information page on how to obtain one.

We also have blank applications available on site to facilitate the process for you. Just fill it out and mail it to the address on the form and you will obtain your permit within a few days.

Customers who are NOT residents of California do and who purchase online or via phone, email or fax, do not need to pay sales tax or to fill out any paperwork.

If you come purchase in person and are a resident of California, please bring your resale permit and photo ID with you. If you don’t have a permit, you can still purchase but sales tax will apply.

If you are not a resident of California but are still coming to purchase in person, please bring a copy of your business license. You will need to fill out an “Out of State” form stating that you are taking the goods out of state for resale, and we will need to attach a copy of your out of state business license to that form.

Customers from Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Utah or Texas who come to purchase in person will need to bring in a copy of their state’s reseller’s permit in order to be exempt from sales tax. They will also need to complete the “Border States Uniform Sale for Resale Certificate” in order to be exempt from sales tax. This form will be provided in our office at the time of purchase.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.